How do I set up my new Yealink phone?
The Yealink SIP phones come with a desk phone and an ethernet cable. Plug the ethernet cable into the LAN port, ("internet" will be above the outlet) on the phone and plug the other end of the ethernet cable into a wall port. It's that easy!
How do I transfer a call?
There are two types of call transfers you can perform, blind and attended.
Blind Transfer (sent directly to the recipient without introduction):
- While on a call, press the Transfer soft key.
- Dial an extension or 10 digit number.
- Press the Transfer soft key to send the call.
Attended Transfer (introduce a call before sending a transfer):
1. While on a call, press the Transfer soft key.
2. Dial an extension or 10 digit number.
3. Press the OK button or the pound (#) dial key to dial out.
4. Introduce the call; if the transfer is accepted, press the Transfer soft key again to complete the transfer.
How do I enable Do Not Disturb (DND)?
Enabling DND will automatically reject all incoming calls and send them straight to voicemail.
When DND is enabled, you will see an icon with a minus symbol and DND on your phone's display screen, as shown below.
To enable/disable DND, press the DND soft key.
How can I listen to a voicemail through my device?
1. Dial *98.
2. Enter your voicemail PIN.
3. Follow the voice prompts to listen to new or saved voicemails.
Alternatively, you can press the Voicemail button on your phone and then listen to the voice prompts.
How do I find missed calls or see my call history?
You can use the navigation pad to access your call history.
- Press the left and right arrows to switch between missed, paced, received, and forwarded call lists.
- Press the up and down arrows to select the desired entry.
- For more information about the call, press the Option soft key, then use the arrow keys to select Detail.
- You can also view call history by selecting Directories and then Recent Calls.
How can I initiate a conference (three-way) call?
1. Call the first party.
2. After the first party has answered, press the Conf soft key.
NOTE: This will place the first party on hold.
3. Dial an extension or 10 digit number and press the Send soft key, the OK button, or the pound (#) dial key.
4. When the second party answers, press the Conf soft key again to join all parties.
After you set up a conference call, you can:
- Press the Hold soft key to place the conference call on hold.
- Press the Split soft key to place the two calls on hold.
- Press the End soft key to end the conference call.
- Press the Managesoft key, and use the arrow keys to select the desired party. You will have the following options:
- Press the Far Mute soft key to mute the party. The muted party can hear everyone, but no one can hear the muted party.
- Press the Remove soft key to remove a party from the conference call.
- Press the Back soft key to return to the previous screen.
How do I change my ringtone?
For all incoming calls,
1. Navigate to Menu > Settings > Basic Settings > Sound > Ring tones > Common .
2. Use the up and down arrows to selected your preferred ring tone.
3. Press the Save soft key to save the change or the Back soft key to cancel.
How can I access my Contact Directory and Create New Contacts?
To view your contact directory, press the Directory soft key, then choose Local Directory.
Creating New Contacts
1. Navigate to Directories, then Local Directory.
2. If you have contact groups created, select the contact group; or select All Contacts, and press the Enter soft key.
3. Press the Add soft key.
4. Enter the contact's information using the arrow keys to navigate between fields.
5. Press the Save soft key.
Alternatively, you can add contacts from your call history. With the desired call highlighted, press the Option soft key, and select Add to Contacts. Then, follow the steps above.
To edit an existing contact, press the Options soft key when highlighted over the desired contact and select Edit.
You can choose the information you want to enter for each contact; however, you must include the contact's number and name.
Why is my phone's LED light flashing?
Your phone LED light will flash when you have a caller on hold or when you are muted on an active call.
What can I do if Power over Ethernet (PoE) is not possible?
When power over ethernet is not possible 1.2A A/C and 2.0A A/C adapters can supply power to your desk phone unit.
- Yealink 1.2A A/C Adapter ≈ $20.00. Compatible with T33G/T43U.
- Yealink 2.0A A/C Adapter ≈ $25.00. Compatible with T46U.
Can I connect my phone to WiFi?
Yes, the T43U and the T46U support the use of WF50 WiFi USB dual-band adapter; this adapter (dongle) is a USB device that allows you to wirelessly connect your VoIP desk phone to the internet.
Can I connect with Bluetooth devices?
Yes, the T43U and the T46U support the use of BT41 Bluetooth USB dongle.