Connect Microsoft Teams mobile, desktop or web applications and click the Calls tab to access your net2phone Canada contacts, history, voicemail, speed dial, and dial pad. Our integration allows you to easily place calls right through the Microsoft Teams interface!
Both internal and external calls can be made, and all the traffic routing through net2phone Canada’s reliable and secure infrastructure. Incoming calls can be routed through our advanced capabilities for features like auto attendants, call queues, and answering rules.
Does your organization need our MS Team integration enabled?
Please email email@example.com, and a net2phone Canada agent will get back to you within 1 business day.
REQUIRED MICROSOFT TEAMS LICENSES
To access our integration, you must have the necessary MS Teams licenses. To operate the net2phone Canada integration, you must have one of the MS Teams licenses listed below, as well as a free MS Teams Phone Resource Account license for the initial setup.
- Microsoft 365 Business Basic + Microsoft Teams Phone Standard (previously called “Common Area Phone”)
- Microsoft 365 Business Standard + Microsoft Teams Phone Standard
- Microsoft 365 Business Premium + Microsoft Teams Phone Standard
- E1 + Phone System
- E3 + Phone System
Unsure if your current Microsoft account will allow our integration?
Check out Microsoft's Licensing Documentation page for the most recent licence add-on compatibility information, or contact your Microsoft Representative.
Interested in piloting the Microsoft Teams integration?
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or dial 611 on your net2phone Canada device.
Need to resync?
Open: https://admin.msteams.net2phone.com/ and log in with your MS Teams credentials.
Sync your call data, recordings, analytics, and voicemail transcriptions!
All calls placed through your Microsoft Teams application on the net2phone Canada platform will be captured, as a result, this means you can use advanced features such as call recordings, Call Analytics, and send transcribed voicemails to email.
SETUP EMAIL AND ACCEPT PERMISSIONS
- You will receive an email from net2phone Canada letting you know that your Microsoft Teams Connection is ready to be activated. Accept the invitation by clicking Accept Invitation.
- Log in with your Microsoft credentials.
NOTE: The email entered here must be a global admin for your Microsoft Office 365 Account. Please use a Chrome Browser for this process.
- Click Sign In.
- Click the checkbox for Consent on behalf of your organization; this provides net2phone Canada permission to access your list of users and the ability to configure the connection properly.
- Click Accept and wait a few moments for this to process.
Didn't get an email?
Check your spam folder for the missing email!
Ensure that you have 1 extra voice license in your Teams account (1 more than your listed users), so the system can use it to perform the syncs. Once everything is set up, that additional license can be cancelled. If you need help with licensing please review the Microsoft Licensing references listed above. For more information, check out the Microsoft support page on how to assign Teams add-ons to users.
- Once you have an available voice license, navigate to the Services tab.
- Click the Teams sub-tab.
- Click Enable Sync.
- Select your Account.
- Click the checkbox Give consent on behalf of your organization
- Click Accept. You will see the service syncing at the top of the page. Normally, the sync should count down from 15 minutes, but this process is usually much quicker.
- Once the countdown is complete, you will see a green checkmark, you can now click on the Users tab.
Your Teams account is now successfully set up and ready to connect with net2phone Canada extensions.
NOTE: net2phone Canada staff will now link your Teams users to your net2phone Canada users. Once done, they will contact you to let you know, and you will need to Sync one last time for the changes to take effect in Microsoft Teams.
After the sync is finished processing, you can see your new integration in your Microsoft Team's application.
- Log into your Team's application.
- Navigate to the Calls Tab.
Under Make a Call you will now see you have the option to type a name to make a call, usually, there is a dial pad here, but the system can take up to 24-to-72 hours to update your accounts accordingly.
AFTER THE DIAL PAD IS AVAILABLE
Dial out a number to make your first call. If requested, allow Microsoft Teams to access your microphone and camera. Once you have made your first call, you will see it in the history section.
Don't forget to turn on your desktop notifications so you never miss a call with net2phone Canada's integration for Microsoft Teams!
Do not Disturb with Microsoft Teams.
If you set your status to Do Not Disturb, calls will not ring through to Teams, but your other net2phone Canada devices will ring. All other “not available” will still ring through.