The net2phone Canada Mobile App allows users to take their business phone extension, features, and functionality with them wherever they go. Whether you’re on the road, working remotely, or just away from your desk, you can remain accessible and while presenting a professional image to your callers. net2phone Canada for iOS is free for net2phone Canada clients, available for download from the AppStore.
STEP 1: DOWNLOAD THE NET2PHONE CANADA MOBILE APP
Open the AppStore from your iPhone and search for “net2phone Canada.” The net2phone Canada Mobile App will be the first search result you see and will bear the net2phone Canada dolphin logo.
STEP 2: GRANT PUSH NOTIFICATIONS, MICROPHONE ACCESS, AND CONTACTS ACCESS
After opening the net2phone Canada Mobile App for the first time, you will receive a series of prompts asking you to allow push notifications, grant the app access to your device microphone, and grant the app access to your device contacts. Press Allow for each of these prompts in order for the net2phone Canada Mobile App to function as designed.
STEP 3: LOG IN TO THE NET2PHONE CANADA MOBILE APP
Log in to the net2phone Canada Mobile App with your net2phone Canada SONAR credentials, (i.e., yourextension@yourdomain and your 8 character password) If you are unsure of what your login credentials are, please contact the net2phone Canada Technical Support by dialing 6-1-1 from any net2phone Canada device or by calling 887-498-3772 then option #3.
STEP 4: ENABLE MOBILE DATA, RUN IN BACKGROUND
In order to enable your mobile data and turn on the run in background app permissions, you must access your settings. This will ensure you are able to place and receive calls from the app as you go about your day. You also have the option to enter your mobile phone number. Entering your mobile phone number will allow you to move live calls between net2phone Canada VoIP services and your standard mobile network if you are out of range for sufficient network connectivity.
1. From either the Contacts, Voicemail, Call History or Answering Rules tab press the hamburger menu in the top right corner.
2. Press Settings.
3. Use the horizontal sliders to turn on Use Mobile Data and Run in Background. The sliders will be green when they are turned on.
STEP 5: ENABLE SIMULTANEOUS RING IN SONAR
You cannot add, delete, or edit answering rules from the net2phone Canada app, so you need to log in to SONAR to configure an answering rule for your new app.
1. Sign into the SONAR portal.
2. Click the Answering Rules tab.
NOTE: Office managers and call center supervisors must be in "My Account" view to access their answering rules.|
3. Add a new rule or edit an existing rule.
4. Click the checkbox next to Simultaneous Ring and Include user's extension.
5. At the bottom of the Simultaneous Ring options, enter your business phone extension number immediately followed by the letter “m” for mobile with no spaces.
6. Save the answering rule.
7. Ensure your new answering rule is active.
Now all calls to your net2phone Canada business phone will also ring the net2phone Canada Mobile App.