SONAR offers an SMS queue option, so your clients have the option of calling or texting a call queue.
HOW TO CONFIGURE SMS FOR CALL QUEUES
- Navigate to the Call Queue tab.
- Click the pencil icon to edit the call queue you want to configure SMS with.
- Click the SMS sub-tab.
- Toggle the SMS Enabled to "Yes." From here, you can set the SMS queue options.
- Click Save.
- Click the agent icon for the call queue you just configured.
- For all of the agents that you want to receive SMS queue messages, click the pencil icon next to their name and set the Max SMS Session between 1 and 5.
- Click Save Agent.
TIPS AND NOTES!
- MMS messages can only be best to a single number, not a group.
- SONAR must be open for agents to receive messages.
- If agents are using a Chrome browser (which is recommended) they can turn on Chrome notifications for a pop-up.
- You can use the mobile app for SMS.
- Agents are automatically set to receive zero SMS sessions; you always must set the Max SMS Sessions between 1 and 5 for the agent to receive queue SMS messages.
- SMS queues are always round-robin.
- Hover over the information icon for a description!